Are you a Middle East company considering a new investment? Are you interested in investing in Catalonia? Does your business need connections with the Catalan industrial and economic ecosystem?
From the Catalan Government Trade & Investment office in Dubai, you get tailor-made information and full support for a smooth, fast and successful set-up of operations in Catalonia from start to finish. We also offer personalized assistance to Catalan companies wishing to open in United Arab Emirates markets and find new global business opportunities. From the office of ACCIÓ-Catalonia Middle East, based in Dubai, we cover all the countries in the Middle East Region, such as Bahrain, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Iran, United Arab Emirates
Services to the companies in Middle East
- Qualified support, insight and advice to Middle East companies interested in investing in Catalonia.
- Full, practical, up-to-date information on the legal, tax and labor context
- Introduction to the Catalan industrial and economic ecosystem.
- In-depth information on financing and location possibilities.
- Help with the right steps to get started in Catalonia.
- Ongoing support throughout all the phases of the investment project.
- Promotion of strategic business alliances between Middle East and Catalan companies.
- Identification and location of Catalan technology partners for joint R&D and innovation projects.
- Help source suppliers, manufacturing partners, technology providers or any other local company to fulfill a specific need.
Our Team in Dubai
Ms Mireia Sitjas, Director of Dubai office, graduated in Economics and in Business Administration. She has a Diploma in Business Economy and Financial Management. She was responsible of large budgets and managed clients from several financial institutions. She has worked in Spain and Frankfurt for Deutsche Bank, HSBC in London, Barclays Wealth in London and Dubai, and Société Générale in Dubai.
Middle East Companies in Catalonia
Some Middle East companies are present in Catalonia such as Nouran-Umaya, DP World, Wavetec, etc. A number of them have been or are currently being assessed by Catalonia Trade & Investment together with our office in Dubai.
- NOURAN-UMAYA Lighting Design Studio from Dubai has opened an office in Barcelona in order to initiate its penetration into the European market as part of the company’s international expansion process.
- DP World owns port terminals around the world. It has a portfolio of more than 65 marine terminals across six continents, including new developments underway in India, Africa, Europe and the Middle East. He has a participation in the Port of Tarragona.
- Wavetec is a multinational technology company that is on the forefront of technological revolution since more than two decades. It enjoys a firm presence in over 70 countries with its Information Display solutions installed at 25 leading financial markets around the world.
Catalan Companies in the Middle East
There are several well known Catalan companies already established in the Middle East: Mediapro, Natura Bissé, Roca, Banc Sabadell, Fluidra, Grupo Julià, Girbau, Lamp, Seidor, la Caixa, Banc Sabadell, Turrons Vicens and so on.