The Catalan Government, via the Agency for Business Competitiveness -ACCIÓ-, has opened calls for the 2017 High Impact business investment funding programme. This year the programme has a budget of 7,300,000€ and in its previous call it raised a business investment figure of over 250.000.000€. This call for applications opened on September 19th and will end on October 18th, 2017.
Funding programmes to attract new business activities
The aim of this funding programme is to attract new business activity to Catalonia, both from companies not established here and from those with a presence already here. The projects susceptible to funding should fall within one of the following categories:
- Job creation projects connected to Service Centres, Supra-regional Decision Centres, Industrial Projects and Logistics Centres.
- Investment projects in productive fixed assets, incorporating a new activity.
- Job creation projects and business investment in fixed assets in line with the conditions defined by sections a) and b), previously stated.
- R&D centre projects or enlargement of existing centres in Catalonia.
- Industrial research and experimental development projects.
- Investment projects in fixed assets connected to the purchase of Productive Units from companies entering arrangement with creditors.
- Strategic projects for the Catalan economy, involving the setting up of new companies in Catalonia or the opening of new facilities, or the diversification of companies already operating here.
Maximum funding of 1,000,000€ per company
The maximum funding % will range between 10% and 25% of the eligible expenditure, and the maximum amount will be between 200,000€ and 1,000,000€, depending on the nature of the project.
This call for applications opened on September 19th and will end on October 18th, 2017.