Ramon Pastor: “We have over 500 R&D engineers working in Catalonia, we’re creating over 150 patents per year and we’re basically HP’s most important laboratory outside the US”
Hewlett-Packard (HP) is one of the multinationals with the strongest presence in Catalonia. Located in Sant Cugat del Vallès, it is the worldwide headquarters for 3D and Large Format printing businesses and a global point of reference in these fields.
There are 10,000 winegrowers and 853 wine companies in Catalonia, generating a turnover of 1,600 M€. New packaging formats, the creation of experiences, organizing seminars and workshops on wine culture and wine are all strategies aimed at improving wine marketing.
Creative Europe wants to improve the competitiveness of European video games industry by developing audiovisual works with the program Support for the Development of European Video Games.
- The Catalan engineering consultancy BAC wins the tender to improve part of Bolivia’s so-called “road of death”
- Catalonia creates 18.6% more companies in 2016 and hits the highest figure in 9 years
- Cathay Pacific will connect Barcelona and Hong Kong next summer
- New record for Barcelona El Prat Airport: Over 44 million passengers in 2016
- The Australian firm Polyglot Group consolidates its expansion in Catalonia doubling its workforce and moving to larger offices
- 16 companies from two Catalan clusters participate in the Sirha trade fair in Lyon, one of the world’s most important hotel and catering industry events