With more than 20 years of experience in cluster policy, Catalonia has attracted key international players such as Tci-network, the global cluster practitioners’ network and the European Foundation for Cluster Excellence, as well as top-notch knowledge institutions.
Part of the Catalan multi-faceted, pro-business economic policy to promote Catalonia as a business location
Catalonia’s cluster policy is part of the Catalan multi-faceted, pro-business economic policy to promote Catalonia as a business location. Clusters bring together interconnected companies, research centres, universities and other relevant stakeholders sharing the same strategic challenges. Clusters are often the perfect environment to gather strategic sectorial knowledge, to connect companies locally and globally, and to develop collaborative projects with enough critical mass to compete in a globalised world.
Clusters also ensure that international companies and investors can tap into the resources of a dynamic network of specialised partners and industry related suppliers, providers and associations.
Clusters in Catalonia
Currently, there are 30 clusters in Catalonia's Cluster Programme, home to 1,700 firms accounting for a turnover of 65 billion euros.
- Nutrition and Health Cluster - AINS
- Gourmet Cluster - CATALONIA GOURMET
- Foodservice Cluster -FOODSERVICE CLUSTER
- Pork Meat Cluster - INNOVACC
- Wine and Cava Cluster - INNOVI
- Food Packaging Cluster - PACKAGING CLUSTER
- Machine Tools Cluster - CEQUIP
- Advanced Materials Cluster - CLUSTER MAV
- Agricultural Production Means - FEMAC
- Light Technologies Cluster - SECPHO
Water and Energy
- Design Cluster - BDIC
- Furniture Cluster - CENFIM
- Lighting Cluster - CICAT
- Smart Housing Cluster - DOMOTYS
- Home Products Cluster - HABITAT CLUSTER BARCELONA
- Leather Cluster - LEATHER CLUSTER
- Fashion Textiles Cluster - MODACC
- Biotechnology Cluster - CATALONIABIO
- Mental Health Cluster - CLUSTER SALUT MENTAL
- Health Technology Cluster - HEALTH TECH CLUSTER